Have you ever wondered how organisations migrate inboxes, contacts, and calendars into new Microsoft 365 user accounts? Often, a PST migration tool is used to carry out this migration. Using this kind of tool, you can configure user accounts with appropriate permissions, export the mailbox content to PST format, and import the PST file to your new mailbox.
Why leverage this kind of tool? To help remove the tedious work from the equation.
What is the PST format?
The Personal Storage Table (PST) format is a Microsoft Outlook file format used to locally save users’ mailbox data such as emails, address books, calendars, notes, and tasks. This format is largely used to back up critical data and restore it later, and migrate mailboxes from one Exchange Server to another or to Exchange Online.
How PST format is used
Online email storage is limited to enhance performance, reduce backup times, and facilitate smooth operations. This often results in users deleting content to free up email storage space. To overcome this, you can use PST files to export the email data and recover it as and when required. You can even store the files in your flash drive.
Why do you need a PST migration tool?
- Quickly get from point A to point B:
You can export Exchange mailboxes in bulk using PowerShell scripts, but it’s time-consuming. With ManageEngine’s PST Migration Tool, mailbox export is easy.
- Simplify operations by configuring required permissions:
To export or import Exchange mailboxes, users need to be members of a role group with Mailbox Import Export privileges. For Exchange Online mailboxes, only users with administrative privileges can use the eDiscovery option in the Exchange Online Admin Center to import or export PST files. ManageEngine’s free PST Migration Tool configures the user accounts with appropriate permissions for carrying out these tasks to simplify the process.
- No additional licenses or add-ons required:
To access Core eDiscovery, you will need:
- An organization subscription:
- Microsoft 365 E3 or Office 365 E3 subscription or higher.
- Per-user licensing:
- Microsoft 365 E3 or Office 365 E3 license or higher.
- Office 365 E1 license with an Exchange Online Plan 2 or Exchange Online Archiving add-on license.
- Office 365 E1 license with a SharePoint Online Plan 2 or OneDrive for Business Plan 2 add-on license.
The costs of these licenses are substantial, however, there are alternative solutions that can perform vital Active Directory (AD) management actions such as archiving and In-Place Hold, like ManageEngine’s free PST Migration Tool.
ManageEngine’s free PST Migration Tool can:
- Configure user accounts with appropriate permissions, export the content to PST format, and import the PST file to your new mailbox.
- Export PSTs from Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Imports PSTs to Exchange Online.