Business growth can be measured by the performance of IT infrastructure, which is an integral part of any organisation. According to research done by Riverbed, 73% of C-suites say that granular visibility into the network and other components opens the door for business innovation. Simply put, fostering the growth of business health lies in enhanced visibility and well-organised management of IT infrastructure.
Potent business challenges, scalability of infrastructure, and growing complexity in technology normalize the usage of IT infrastructure monitoring tools in our digital ecosystem. However, the daunting challenge is to find the best tool for your organisation from a myriad of options, ranging from effective to inefficient. Here are some key points to help you choose the right IT infrastructure monitoring software with efficient and proactive error-handling capabilities.
- Unified IT infrastructure monitoring: IT infrastructure comprises many components, including network, storage, physical and virtual servers, on-premises applications, and cloud applications. A good IT infrastructure monitoring tool should be well-equipped to always monitor all of these, seamlessly and simultaneously. Use of a single tool prevents unnecessary conventional woes such as constant tool switching, not resolving critical errors in time, and keeping records of multiple licenses. It also helps you cut expenses and run your business within your means.
- Multi-vendor support: The days of IT managers purchasing all the essential IT infrastructure components under a single roof are long gone. Businesses these days buy components from multiple vendors depending on their requirements. Hence, it has become necessary for IT infrastructure monitoring tools to support multi-vendor network endpoints. Although every device varies in complexity and criticality, an IT infrastructure monitoring tool requires flexibility to track your IT infrastructure components meticulously, regardless of vendor.
- Customizable visualization: A monitoring tool can offer technicians visual access to all the components in your IT infrastructure. Centralized and customizable visibility into all the network endpoints to their smallest details ensures no part of the infrastructure falls in the technicians’ blind spots. Customizing the dashboard and other visualization features is crucial, as it lets them effortlessly have clearer and deeper sight across the IT infrastructure. Furthermore, technicians can save an ample amount of time and energy as they don’t need to switch tabs to gain such a high level of visibility.
- Multi-channel notifications: Technicians cannot find a fix for a network error if they are unaware of it or receive inadequate information. Hence, the IT infrastructure monitoring tool should have the capability to send instant alerts via SMS, email, or any other medium to the right team with precise details. Technicians and IT managers can be notified about potential roadblocks even outside of work hours so they can resolve them rapidly. Having provisions for third-party integrations is also vital. A monitoring tool with such a reliable feature will let technicians act on a network fault with ease and avert any major setbacks.
- Out-of-the-box automation: Rudimentary, repetitive maintenance tasks and L1 and L2 troubleshooting measures can be crossed off a technician’s checklist by leveraging automation. It frees up time for technicians to work on the high-priority tasks that result in greater efficiency and productivity. Business owners investing in a holistic IT infrastructure monitoring tool with automation can save money in the long run. Also, by automating certain tasks, technicians can ensure consistency in performance and prevent any glitches caused by human error.
OpManager offers comprehensive network monitoring capabilities that help admins monitor network performance, detect network faults in real time, troubleshoot errors, and prevent downtime. As a powerful network monitor, OpManager supports multi-vendor IT environments and can scale to fit any network, providing complete visibility and control over the entire network infrastructure.
Leverage OpManager, an easy-to-use, and affordable network monitoring solution. To learn more about OpManager, book a demo today!